Manukora is high-grade ethical Mānuka honey from New Zealand.
Mānuka honey has 2-3x more antioxidants compared to other honey types, as well as a complex and diverse range of over 20 oligosaccharides, which are prebiotic compounds. It also has antibacterial compounds not found in regular honey.
Taste-wise, this Mānuka honey is darker, thicker, richer, and creamier than regular honey. Texture-wise think of rich and creamy caramel. 🍯👅
In 2015 our founder Michael Bell met Bryce Hooton, one of New Zealand’s pioneering beekeepers who remarkably is also 100% blind.
A master beekeeper, Bryce has an unmatched ability to tune into the bees and their environment in order to produce top-quality Mānuka honey from some of the most remote regions.
Today, we are working harder than ever to carry Bryce’s foundational values forward in order to provide pure and potent Mānuka honey from happy, healthy bees.
Authenticity and transparency is extremely important to us. Every Manukora jar of honey can be traced back to its source through our QR authenticity platform. By scanning the QR code on the jar, you can discover the location of your honey, meet the beekeeper, and view the independent lab results confirming the potency of the active compounds.
From the trees to the seas to the birds and the bees, one thing is for certain: they are all connected. We support the natural environment so that bees can thrive because healthier and happier bees doesn't just mean pure honey, it means more pollination, which means more plants and trees, which means more biodiversity. We aren't interested in just protecting our environment, we want to help our ecosystem thrive!
What are we doing?
- Native reforestation along waterways
- Sourcing from beekeepers in remote regions who cherish the land.
- Managing our operational footprint with a Toitū certified Environmental Management System
We take a big-picture approach and aim for packaging that not only ensures a lighter touch, but provides solutions to environmental problems.
- 100% recycled (and recyclable!) jars with 30% recycled paper labels
- Screen printed glass bottles
- Soy-based inks and water-based adhesives in our cardboard
- FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified paper and cardboard
- Certified compostable pallet wrap (shrink wrap)
- Certified compostable courier bags
Read more about our commitment to our environment here: https://manukora.com/pages/our-environment